StylePointe 2020 show is canceled due to COVID-19.
We are planning to come back with a show in September 2021 during New York Fashion Week. Due to COVID-19 restrictions in place, we are unsure at the moment whether the show will be a live broadcast or a blended event of limited attendance of live-audience along with a live broadcast.
All NYC based “Fashion Designers” are welcome to send in application to showcase their existing designer collection in StylePointe 2021 Fashion Show, during Fall New York Fashion Week in September.
The application process is now OPEN. It is FREE. $0 application fee.
DEADLINE: APRIL 30.
We request you to scroll down and read the application guidelines, before applying. You may have many questions which are probably answered on our FAQ Page. If you don’t find your answer there, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
NB: There are only 6 spots for 6 collaborators. Priority is given to those who apply early.
Please subscribe to receive up to date information.
A collaboration of ‘Fashion and Dance’. StylePointe is a unique project exploring the relationship between these two forms of art.
If you have created an apparel collection a couple of years ago and want to see it in an interesting, creative environment, be part of an innovative concept and use that collection again with dancers as the models, then this is the perfect showcase to explore.
We ask for fashion designers, with complete existing collections, to submit work samples. Four to Eight collections will be chosen from established and emerging designers. These designer apparels will then be introduced to established dance choreographers from various styles; who will create dance vignettes to showcase the fashion collections. The choreographer’s theme to create the dance, will be the same theme and inspiration that is behind the designer’s collection.
Show Dates and Time: TBA, during NYFW (September 9th t0 September 15th) starting at 7 or 7:30 pm. EDT.
Tech and Dress Rehearsal: TBA.
Venue: Dixon Place Theater, 161A Chrystie Street, Btwn Rivington and Delancey, New York, NY 10002. Live broadcast or a blended event with limited attendance of live-audience along with live broadcast.
StylePointe welcomes all established and emerging “FASHION DESIGNERS”:
• The designer collection should be for apparel, only. Minimum 4 and a maximum 6 apparels will be accepted.
• The collection should have been created within the last 3 years.
• The collection needs to be “Spring/Summer” collection.
• No substitution of accepted designer’s collection will be allowed after the jurying process.
• The collection will be given to the dancers to wear during the tech rehearsal and the performance.
• The Tech Rehearsal will be a 5 to 7 days before the show. Please refer to ‘Important Information’ mentioned above.
• The designers will meet and greet and collaborate with the choreographers to explore ideas. Must have at least one face-to-face meeting with outfit trial, before the choreographic process begins.
• The designers will coordinate to allocate other times for future dress trials, if required.
What StylePointe Will Do for YOU:
• Provide established choreographers and dance companies to collaborate with.
• Provide the performance space and its technical equipment and support.
• Provide Marketing support and promotion.
• Provide free professional photographs from the tech rehearsal.
• Provide a free video of the performance.
• Post-performance reception.
What StylePointe Expects from YOU:
• Use of clothing collection created in the last three years and which has been approved by the curator.
• Collaborate with the dance companies exploring ideas and allocate time for dress trials. • To attend the Tech/Dress Rehearsal, in addition to dress trials with the choreographers and be present on the day of the performances from the beginning till the end.
• A Refundable Deposit of $50 will be collected after your designer collection is accepted and an agreement is signed. This refundable security deposit will be returned to you on the day of the performance. You do not send this deposit when you send in your application. This fee is collected, only if your collection is chosen for the showcase. Once again, this is a refundable deposit and is returned to you on the day of the performance. However, this fee will be forfeited in a case of withdrawal after signing the contract OR for a NO-SHOW on the day of the Tech/Dress and also for a NO-SHOW on the day of the performance.
• StylePointe will require good quality photo images of the designer and the accepted collection for marketing purposes (JPEG – at least 2MB).
• You will be given an opportunity to record a video of yourself to self promote which will also be added on our website on your own profile page. Please visit profile pages of the past Featured Designers.
• You or your representative will be asked for a short write up about the presented collection to market this event.
Again, if you have any questions, please ask before applying: firstname.lastname@example.org