All NYC based “Fashion Designers” are welcome to showcase in StylePointe 2019 Fashion Show during Fall NY Fashion Week.
We have opened up the application process to be on-going. Please read the application guidelines, before applying.
SHOW DATE: SEPTEMBER 12, 2019, THURSDAY AT DIXON PLACE THEATER AT 7:30 P.M.
A collaboration of ‘Fashion and Dance’. StylePointe is a unique project exploring the relationship between these two forms of art.
If you have created an apparel collection a couple of years ago and want to see it in an interesting, creative environment, be part of an innovative concept and use that collection again with dancers as the models, then this is the perfect showcase to explore.
We ask for fashion designers, with complete existing collections, to submit work samples. Four to Eight wonderful collections will be chosen from established and emerging designers. These designer apparels will then be introduced to established dance choreographers from various styles; who will create several different dance vignettes to showcase the fashion collections. The choreographers will potentially choreograph the dances with the inspiration behind the designer’s collection.
Show Date and Time: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2019 at 7:30 p..m.
Press Preview Date and Time: TBA, usually about 1 week to 10 days before the actual showcase. Required to be present from 10 a.m until 3 p.m.
Venue: Dixon Place Theater, 161A Chrystie Street, Btwn Rivington and Delancey, New York, NY 10002.
PLEASE READ THE APPLICATION GUIDELINES BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION. You may have many questions which are probably answered on our FAQ Page. If you don’t find your answer there, please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
StylePointe welcomes all established and emerging “FASHION DESIGNERS”:
• The designer collection should be for apparel, only.
• The collection should have been created within the last 3 years.
• No substitution of accepted designer’s collection will be allowed after the jurying process.
• The collection will be given to the dancers to wear during the tech rehearsal and the performance.
• The Tech Rehearsal will be a week before the show on a date determined in advance.
• The designers will collaborate with the choreographers / dance companies to explore ideas.
• The designers will coordinate to allocate times for dress trials.
What StylePointe Will Do for YOU:
• Provide established choreographers and dance companies to collaborate with.
• Provide the performance space and its technical equipment and support.
• Provide Marketing support.
• Provide free professional photographs from the tech rehearsal.
• Provide a free video of the performance.
• Provide Feedback from the audience.
• Post-performance reception.
What StylePointe Expects from YOU:
• Use of clothing collection created in the last three years and which has been approved by the curator.
• Collaborate with the dance companies exploring ideas and allocate time for dress trials. And attend the Tech/Dress Rehearsal and Press Preview (usually on the same day).
• A Refundable Deposit of $50 will be collected after your application is accepted and an agreement is signed. This security deposit will be returned to you on the day of the performance. You do not need to send this deposit when you are sending your online application. This fee will be forfeited in a case of withdrawal after signing the contract OR for a NO-SHOW on the day of the Tech Rehearsal/Press Preview and also on the day of the performance.
• To attend the Tech Rehearsal with a Press Preview, in addition to dress trials with the choreographers and be present on the day of the performance from the beginning till the end.
• StylePointe will require good quality photo images of the designer and the accepted collection for marketing purposes (JPEG – at least 2MB).
• Your will be given an opportunity to record a video of yourself to self promote on the website which will be added on your own profile page.
• You or your representative will be asked for a short write up about the presented collection to market this event.
If you have any question, please ask before applying: email@example.com