All NYC based “Fashion Designers” are welcome to showcase in StylePointe 2018 during Fall NY Fashion Week.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION FOR 2018 SHOWCASE WILL BEGIN IN FEB/MAR 2018.
Please subscribe to get notified. Please read the application guidelines below.
SHOW DATE: SEPTEMBER 13, 2018, THURSDAY AT DIXON PLACE THEATER.
A collaboration of ‘Fashion and Dance’. StylePointe is a unique project exploring the relationship between these two forms of art.
If you have created an apparel collection a couple of years ago and want to see it in an interesting, creative environment, be part of an innovative concept and use that collection again with dancers as the models, then this is the perfect showcase to explore.
We ask for fashion designers, with complete existing collections, to submit work samples. Four to Eight wonderful collections will be chosen from established and emerging designers. These designer apparels will then be introduced to established dance choreographers from various styles; who will create several different dance vignettes to showcase the fashion collections. The choreographers will potentially choreograph the dances with the inspiration behind the designer’s collection.
Show Date and Time: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2018 at 7:30 p..m.
Venue: Dixon Place Theater, 161A Chrystie Street, Btwn Rivington and Delancey, New York, NY 10002.
PLEASE READ THE APPLICATION GUIDELINES BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION. You may have many questions which are probably answered on our FAQ Page. If you don’t find your answer there, please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
StylePointe welcomes all established and emerging “FASHION DESIGNERS”:
• The designer collection should be for apparel, only.
• The collection should have been created within the last 3 years.
• No substitution of accepted designer’s collection will be allowed after the jurying process.
• The collection will be given to the dancers to wear during the tech rehearsal and the performance.
• The show will be comprised of 6 – 8 dance choreographies using the apparel collections.
• The Tech Rehearsal and Press Release will be one week before the show, on a date determined in advance. This is a full day’s commitment.
• The designers will collaborate with the dance companies to explore ideas.
• The designers will allocate times for dress trials and coordinate with Choreographers.
What StylePointe Will Do for YOU:
• Provide dance companies to collaborate with.
• Provide the performance space and its technical equipment and support.
• Provide Marketing support.
• Provide free professional photographs from the tech rehearsal.
• Provide a free video of the performance.
• Provide Feedback from the audience.
• Post-performance interaction.
What StylePointe Expects from YOU:
• Use of clothing collection created in the last three years and which has been approved.
• Collaborate with the dance companies exploring ideas and allocate time for dress trials. And attend the Tech/Dress Rehearsal and Press Preview.
• A Refundable Deposit of $50 will be collected after your application is accepted and the contract is signed. This security deposit will be returned on the day of the performance. You do not need to send this deposit when you are sending your online application. This fee will be forfeited in a case of withdrawal after signing the contract or a NO SHOW on the day of the Tech Rehearsal/ Press Preview or on the day of the performance.
• StylePointe will require good quality photo images of the designer’s collection for marketing purposes (JPEG – at least 2MB).
• Your representative will be asked for a short write up about the presented collection for the use in marketing this event.
If you have any question, please ask before applying: email@example.com